"Rainbow Childcare is an outstanding provision which opened in 2006 and is situated in Millbrook School, Kirkby Row, Kirkby. It is registered with Ofsted to look after children from 2 to 11 years and is open from 8am to 6pm. It has a small team of enthusiastic staff and operates from three rooms in the school."
Key responsibilities for the role:
- To work with the other childcare staff to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for all the children in your care.
- When necessary, to work a shift rota to cover the childcare day.
- To contribute to the programme of activities for the children. This will include all areas of development taking into consideration the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- To assist in making sure that the above programme is carried out so that the children are stimulated and cared for in the best way possible.
- To have regard for Health and Safety standards. This will involve being alert to any possible dangers and to take appropriate action to reduce risk of physical injury to all those on the childcare premises.
Key skills to be successful in your application are:
- NVQ 2 or equivalent in Early Years or Play – (Desirable)
- Current First Aid Certificate, Safeguarding, Food Handling and Equal Opportunities training – (Desirable)
- Must be enthusiastic, courteous, reliable and hard working – (Essential)
- At least one year’s experience of working with children aged 2½ to 11 (Desirable)
Contracted hours: 35 hours per week
Hourly rate of pay: NMW
Closing date: 12 April2023
How to apply