"We are a family run boutique bar & grill restaurant in Knowsley Village looking for an Apprentice chef with a passion for food to join our award-winning team. The role will encompass all elements of kitchen management, cooking, ordering, dish creation & ensuring that all dishes are completed to the highest standards. Applicants must have excellent personal hygiene and present themselves well and must be able to work as part of the team and multitask and work unassisted. We are team players and love to create the best working environment possible as well as on-going training for all of our team. We strive to put culture and purpose at the heart of our business to ensure we offer the best possible experience for our employees and visiting customers."
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in co-operation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously in a hi quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulation and health and safety food hygiene standards.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with co-workers and customers
- To contribute towards the smooth running of kitchen at all times
- Maintain a high standard of food presentation
- Maintain a high level of kitchen and food hygiene
Key skills to be successful in your application:
- We are looking for Apprentices with a passion for food, knowledge of basic kitchen health and safety and food hygiene.
- You will need to be able to work under pressure with a calm disposition in a busy friendly environment.
- The roll will encompass all elements of kitchen management, cooking, ordering, dish creation & ensuring that all dishes are completed to the highest standards.
- Applicants must be NON SMOKERS have excellent personal hygiene and present themselves well and must be able to work as part of the team and multitask and work unassisted.
Location: Knowsley Village
Contracted hours: 40
Hourly rate of pay: NMW for wage
Closing date: 12 April 2023
How to apply