Do you need extra help during the Coronavirus outbreak - or do you want to offer a helping hand?
A new Community Support and Volunteer Line has been created for Knowsley residents needing additional support during the outbreak and for those wanting to volunteer their time or services to help those in need in their local community.
This helpline is available for:
- residents that may need additional support during the outbreak, such as vulnerable residents accessing food supplies.
- those facing financial hardship
- local businesses seeking advice or the latest Government information - Knowsley Council's Business Support team can help, you can find information and contact details for Knowsley businesses on our Coronavirus information page under 'Businesses'.
- local businesses urgently seeking additional staff recruitment and residents looking for work - you can also contact Knowsley Works
- those wanting to volunteer their time and services to help those in need in their local community.
This move is yet another example of the Knowsley Better Together initiative which sees the council working in partnership with residents, businesses, partners and the voluntary sector - to make a lasting difference in the community.
There are two ways to do this: call the helpline or fill in an online form.
Call the helpline
Anyone needing support can call free phone 0800 073 0043
The same number can be used by local businesses or organisations offering support and would-be volunteers.
Callers will be asked for details and will either be signposted to the relevant support, or be linked with a service or volunteer who can offer support.
Opening hours are Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5pm
Fill in an online form
There are also online forms which can be completed by both those requesting help and those seeking volunteering opportunities:
For the latest information about the virus and advice to the public please visit Coronavirus information on Knowsley News.