Kirkby Market is a popular covered market and has been operating for over 50 years. With over 130 stalls and having just undergone a major redevelopment project, Kirkby Market is the ideal place to set up or expand your business.
The market trades on Monday to Saturday from 9am to 4.30pm. Traders have the flexibility of trading six days (Monday to - Saturday), four days (Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday) or any of the three traditional market days of Tuesday, Friday and Saturday.
Pay business rates
Cost of a market stall
There are two types of stallholder: Casual and Licensed.
Casual stall holders trade initially on a casual basis, on the market days of their choice, for a maximum period of four weeks.
After this initial period traders are required to apply to become a Licensed trader.
The costs are:
- Non-food stalls - £30 per stall per day
- Food stalls - £33 per stall per day
- Non-food stalls - £25 per stall per day plus 75p advertising charge
- Food stalls - £28 per stall per day plus 75p advertising charge
Market trader requirements
Before the first day of trading on the market, casual traders must show the following:
- Public liability document to the sum of £5,000,000 (this must be the original document)
- Two forms of identification, one photographic (such as passport or driving licence) and a utility bill issued within the previous three months
- The trader’s name and address on the identification document must be the same as on their insurance.
Kirkby Market does not accept casual traders who register after 8.30am.
Applying to become a trader
Kirkby Market is currently accepting registrations for new traders. If you would like to trade at the new Kirkby Market please contact 0151 443 4499 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.