Kirkby Market is a popular covered market and has been operating for over 50 years. With over 130 stalls and having just undergone a major redevelopment project, Kirkby Market is the ideal place to set up or expand your business.
The market trades on Monday to Saturday from 9am to 4.30pm. Traders have the flexibility of trading six days (Monday to - Saturday), four days (Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday) or any of the three traditional market days of Tuesday, Friday and Saturday.
Cost of a market stall
The costs are:
- Non-food stalls - £19 per stall per day.
- Food stalls - £22 per stall per day.
Market trader requirements
Before the first day of trading on the market, traders must show the following:
- Public liability document to the sum of £5,000,000 (this must be the original document)
- Two forms of identification, one photographic (such as passport or driving licence) and a utility bill issued within the previous three months
- The trader’s name and address on the identification document must be the same as on their insurance.
Applying to become a trader
Kirkby Market is currently accepting registrations for new traders. If you would like to trade at the new Kirkby Market please contact 0151 443 4499 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.