Who will own my data once I submit it?
Knowsley Metropolitan Borough Council.
Why do you need my information?
To be able to inform customers on a yearly basis regarding their vehicle service and MOT due dates.
What allows you to use my information?
Information will only be used with the express permission of the customer.
Who will my information be shared with?
The information supplied will be used solely to inform Knowsley vehicle and plant repair service customers of MOT and service due dates for customer convenience.
Do I have to provide this information and what will happen if I don't?
No, customers can decline to provide such information and it will only be used with the express permission of the customer.
How long will you keep this data for and why?
Information will be held on our database until the customer either changes the core information or ask for it to be removed from our database.
How will my information be stored?
Within the service electronic information database with access to specific staff restricted by password access. Any credit card information used for payment will be held securely for reference purposes only as is required in both the interests of the customer and the council.
Will this information be used to take automated decisions about me?
Will my data be transferred abroad and why?
What rights do I have when it comes to my data?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the following rights with regards to your personal data:
- The right to subject access – you have the right to see a copy of the personal data that the Council holds about you and find out what it is used for.
- The right to rectification – you have the right to ask the Council to correct or remove any inaccurate data that we hold about you.
- The right to erasure (right to be forgotten) you have the right to ask the Council to remove data that we hold about you.
- The right to restriction – you have the right to ask for your information to be restricted (locked down) on Council systems.
- The right to data portability – you have the right to ask for your data to be transferred back to you or to a new provider at your request.
- The right to object – you have the right to ask the Council to stop using your personal data or to stop sending you marketing information, or complain about how your data is used.
- The right to prevent automated decision making – you have the right to ask the Council to stop using your data to make automated decisions about you or to stop profiling your behaviour. (where applicable)
To find out more about your rights under the GDPR, please visit the Information Commissioner’s website.
To request a copy of your data or ask questions about how it is used, contact:
Data Protection Officer
Or email: Inforights@knowsley.gov.uk
Who can I complain to if I am unhappy about how my data is used?
You can complain directly to the Council’s Data Protection Team by writing to:
Data Protection Officer
Or via the Have Your Say website.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the following details:
The Information Commissioner's Office
Telephone: 08456 30 60 60 or 01625 54 57 45
The Information Commissioner's Office website