Export certificates - selling your food products abroad

If you intend to sell your food products abroad, you may be required to have a food export health certificate by the country of destination. Knowsley Council can issue attestations and health certificates for food manufactured in Knowsley.  

If you are considering exporting your food products aboard, you must first contact the contact the embassy or consulate of the country you wish to export who will supply the details and format required for the certificate. 

We will not supply a certificate unless you have registered your food business or meet approval requirements. We may have to carry out additional inspections to your food business to ensure compliance with any additional checks depending on the required wording of the certificate. 


There is a cost for issuing an Export Certificate of £45 

Additional charges may apply e.g. if an officer needs to visit   

Please contact [email protected] to discuss the certificate wording you require.  

Chat with us