Food safety

Most food businesses will need to register with Knowsley Council before they start to trade

Some businesses may need to have approval from the Council before they start to trade. Find out if you need approval before opening your food business.  

Find out what happens during a food safety inspection

Find out about the national Food Hygiene Rating Scheme.  

Find out about what you need to do before you start a food business

Make a complaint about poor safety or hygiene standards in a food busines

If you intend to sell your food products abroad, you may be required to have a food export health certificate by the country of destination.

Chat with us