Caravan sites

Who To Contact

Environmental Health and Consumer Protection

Telephone: 0151 443 4712

Email:[email protected]


Under the Caravan Sites (Control of Development) Act 1960, owners of temporary and permanent residential caravan sites must obtain a licence and comply with the conditions attached to the licence.

On permanent residential sites the homes are more often referred to as ‘park homes’ than caravans.

Through the licence the council can make sure that the safety and welfare of residents is safeguarded, and can require any alterations to be subject to prior approval. Certain developments on these sites will also require planning permission before the change is made.

How to apply

Please contact the Environmental Health Service on 0151 443 4712 or email [email protected].

Chat with us