Home boarding for dogs

Who To Contact

Environmental Health and Consumer Protection Service
Yorkon Building
Archway Road
L36 9FB

Telephone: 0151 443 4712

Fax Number: 0151 443 5438


You must obtain a licence from the council to keep a boarding establishment.

Before we grant a licence you must be able to demonstrate that the accommodation is suitable and the animals are well fed, exercised and protected from disease and fire.


The licence fee for home boarding is £262 (new applications and renewals). Licences last for either one, two or three years, dependent on the animal welfare rating score at the time of the inspection.

How to apply

Download the application form and enclose the correct licence fee.