Join a Knowsley library to borrow books, eBooks, DVDs and audio books and use computers and the Internet.
Knowsley libraries also provide:
- Extensive resources for researching local and family history
- Children’s libraries with a wide variety of items just for young people, as well as homework support and holiday and school activities
- Learning opportunities and courses
- Reading groups, author visits, talks and events and other opportunities to develop your interest in reading
- Regular activity and craft clubs, community drop in sessions and many other activities to help promote an active, healthy lifestyle
- An online library to search and reserve items
- A mobile library service that visits communities around Knowsley every week
- A home delivery service for those with mobility problems
- Printing, fax, photocopying and scanning facilities
- Knowsley has five libraries, located in Huyton , Halewood, kirkby, Prescot and Stockbridge Village.
Benefits of being a member and how to join
Library members can:
- Borrow up to 10 books or talking books from any Knowsley library for up-to three weeks
- Reserve books that aren’t in stock
- Return books to any Knowsley library
Download and complete the adult membership form if you’re over 18 or child membership form if you’re aged 17 and below. Return your completed membership form to any Knowsley library with identification that proves your name and address.
Child membership form (Word)
Adult membership form (Word)
Join online to borrow eBooks
The free eBooks borrowing service offers a wide range titles, which you can read online or download onto your computer, tablet or smartphone .You can borrow a total of two downloadable eBooks for up to 21days, after which they automatically expire, unless you renew them. There’s no limit to the number of online eBooks you can borrow.
To start borrowing ebooks all you need is a library membership number and PIN. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address and postcode and we will send you your membership details, or drop into your local branch and join.
Fines and charges
Late items are charged at 13p for per day for the first five days (maximum charge of £1.50 per item). Replacement library cards cost 65p for adults (£1 for further loss) and 35p for children 35p (50p for further loss).
You can reserve any item, except for reference materials, and we'll let you know when it's in stock.
Reserve charges are:
- Books, spoken word and DVDs for Knowsley residents: 65p
- Books, spoken word and DVDs for non-residents: 70p
- Over 60s: 30p
- Books from other authorities: £5 (£2.50 if 60-plus)
Fines and reservation charges don't apply to:
- Under 18s
- Home delivery service users
- People with disabilities
- Mobile library users
If you lose a book or spoken word you will be charged for the full price cost if it is up to two years old. If older than two years, a sliding scale charge will apply.
- Charges apply for printing, sending and receiving faxes and photocopying.
- Hire a room for £20 per hour, or £10.00 for community use