The Knowsley Landlord Accreditation Scheme is a voluntary scheme designed to recognise good quality, well managed private sector accommodation in Knowsley.
Landlords achieving accreditation status gain access to a host of benefits otherwise unavailable and it’s completely free to join.
Benefits for landlords
- Free advertising on Property Pool Plus
- Access to the tenancy bond scheme
- Half price electrical safety certificates
- Free property survey
- Access to empty properties within borough
- Free regular newsletters offering advice for landlords
- Invitations to landlord forums
- Suite of legal documents and referencing service
- Status of being publicly identified as a good landlord
- Use of the Knowsley Landlord Accreditation Scheme logo on letterheads and marketing material
- Borough-wide promotion of the scheme to Knowsley residents
- Signposting to advice and guidance with tenancy issues or disputes
- Advice about accessing energy efficiency grants
The above benefits have been developed through consultation with landlords. It is important for landlords to keep check on the website, newsletters and forums as any new benefits will be promoted through these channels.
Benefits for tenants
- Tenants know that the property is in a good condition and the tenancy will be managed to a good standard.
- The landlord will have a certificate to prove the property has met the accreditation standards.
- Can view private rented properties on Property Pool Plus
Benefits for the community
- It helps increase the supply of good quality accommodation, to the benefit of existing tenants and potential tenants who may not have considered renting privately in the past.
- The scheme helps to foster better landlord and tenant relationships and helps improve neighbourhoods by maintaining properties to a higher standard
- Other wider term benefits include reducing the potential for anti social behaviour, reducing the number of empty homes and creating more cohesive communities.
How do I join the Landlord Accreditation Scheme?
Read through the code of standards and management practice then complete the application form.
Register for online payments