Knowsley Family Information Service (FIS) is a free and impartial service.
We use the Knowsley Family Information Service website to provide a range of information on local/national organisations and services offering advice and support to children and young people aged 0-19 (or up to 25 for disabled children), their parents & carers as well as professionals working with families.
The contents of the KnowsleyInfo website has been divided into 8 sections to help users find what they need.
- Knowsley's Local Offer gives children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities and their family’s information about support services.
- Knowsley Early Help is about working with children, young people and their families to offer the right support at an early stage before a small need becomes a bigger one.
- The Childcare & Early Education Section contains information on the Knowsley Childcare Information Service, free childcare for two, three and four year olds, as well as training opportunities for those looking to get into a childcare career. It also has a link for parent/carers to search for childcare options within Knowsley.
- Advice and Information has services for children, young people and their families.
- The Education, Employment & Learning section has Information about education services and local schools plus employment and Post 16 Learning.
- The Health, Wellbeing and Care section has information on local hospitals/dentists, bereavement counselling, Healthy Knowsley and services that can help if there is domestic violence. There are also a number of national services that may be able to help.
- Another section is Transport, Housing & Community Services.
- The final section is called Play and Leisure, where not only can you find a link to the activities website Places to go, Things to do where local activities and events are listed but there is also information about the Short Breaks Service and the local Children’s Centres.
You can either search these services online using the above links or by contacting Knowsley FIS on 0151 443 3247 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org