There are a range of Local Authority school governor opportunities in schools across Knowsley.
What is a school governor?
School governors are people who want to make a positive contribution to children’s education.
As a local authority governor, you will work as part of the school’s governing board team to promote high standards of education, holding the senior leadership of the school to account and making important decisions about school policies, the school’s budget and the curriculum.
School governors are voluntary roles. We are looking for people who have expertise or life experience which will contribute to the success of our schools including business or professional expertise, previous experience as a school governor, trustee or other voluntary role, or experience of working with children, young people and families.
What will I be expected to do?
As a local authority governor, you will be expected to:
- Attend full governing board and relevant committee meetings (and prepare for meetings beforehand).
- Get to know the school and visit the school in action.
- Working as part of a strategic team with responsibility for decision-making, in partnership with the Head Teacher.
- Uphold the seven principles of public life (selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, leadership).
In return, you will be supported through a number of ways – you will be invited to attend an induction workshop, have access to a comprehensive programme of training, attend refresher workshops (if required) and receive termly updates on key local and national educational developments.
What are the benefits of being a school governor?
Being a school governor is very rewarding, with many benefits both to you and school
- Have your say on education in Knowsley
- Enhance existing skills
- Have a greater awareness of the education system
- Have access to training and education
- A chance to connect with the local community
- Learn and benefit from your experience
- Have an external perspective
- Have a dedicated team committed to providing high standards of education
- Support and encouragement
- A willingness to challenge and look for the best solutions
I’m interested in becoming a school governor – what do I need to do?
We currently have a number of opportunities available in Knowsley schools. If you live or work in Knowsley and are interested in becoming a Local Authority governor, simply complete the application form and return to email@example.com by Friday, 10 June 2016.
To find out more about Local Authority Governor opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org