A range of support is available for children with disabilities
and their families. This includes short breaks and respite care, as
well as family centres and activities for children.
Services are available to families who have children up to the
age of 18 with:
- A substantial degree of sensory impairment or physical
- Severe learning disability as defined in their education
- A chronic and life threatening or life limiting illness
- Multiple disabilities which impact on family life
These services include:
- Short breaks
for children and young people between 7 to 18 years old.
- Outreach workers to help children and young people attend local
youth clubs, voluntary groups and outdoor activities.
- Regular short breaks with a family in their own community
- Family centres
with facilities such as sensory rooms
How to get support
Please contact the Children with Disabilities team on 0151 443
4001 for more information and advice on accessing support.