Knowsley have nearly 300 looked after children in their care and most of these children need a foster home. Every decision we make is made with the child’s best interest at heart. We are passionate about what we do and believe that every child deserves to live in a loving, safe and stable home.
If you decide to become a foster carer with Knowsley MBC you won’t be on your own; our experienced fostering team will be with you every step of the way. You will receive a financial allowance, full training along with 24 hour support from our team.
- We are committed to finding carers from and around the Knowsley area so that children can remain in their schools and have contact with their families, if appropriate to do so.
- We offer a number of different fostering placements to suit you and your lifestyle and are committed to giving you on-going training and support. The personal development of our carers is really important to us and we want our carers to grow and develop to become the best possible carer they can be. We offer comprehensive training in a wide range of child related subjects such as emotional fist aid.
- We work closely with our existing carers to ensure they feel fully supported and value their views on how we can develop our service through recruitment, support and training.
- We will share our knowledge and first-hand experience with you. All children come into the care of their local authority in the first instance and our team has often been working with the child and their family for a while. This gives us a lot of important background knowledge that we can share with you as their carer. This also helps us to match children with carers who we believe will be most suitable for them and their circumstances.
- All carers have a dedicated social worker along with access to an out-of-hours support service - because we know fostering isn’t a 9-5 job.
- We provide any equipment you will need to accommodate a child in your home, such as cots, stair gates, and can supply special equipment for some children and young people with a disability.
- Our foster carer support group organise regular fun events and activities such as trips to the pantomime, theme parks and parties for all carers and their families.
- We offer a competitive financial and support package. You will be paid an allowance to care for each child you look after and there is also the opportunity to take qualifications which allow you to gain ‘Skills Payment’, similar to a wage.
- We can also match the financial packages offered by independent fostering agencies so if you are already an approved foster carer with an independent agency and live in or around Knowsley we would love to speak to you about what we can offer. If you are interested, contact us on 0151 443 3958, or apply online. We will then arrange to meet with you to discuss the transfer process.
- We also offer a ‘refer a friend’ reward service – foster carers are rewarded in recommending their friends and family once they are approved as carers with a £150 cash payment.
- We don’t make a profit! We just have the best interests of the children in our care at the forefront of our minds at all times.
If you’ve ever thought about fostering we really would love to hear from you.