Benefits and Grants

If you or your partner are on a low income, you may be entitled to a reduction in the amount of council tax that you need to pay. For pensioners, support will be very similar to Council Tax Benefit but if you are working age you will have to pay at least 20% of your bill. Find out if you are eligible for council tax reductions.

If you are registered disabled, or care for somebody who is, you may be entitled to some benefits and grants to help you. Benefits & grants for disabled people

Depending on your circumstances, you can get help to cover the cost of a deposit on a rented property with the Knowsley bond scheme. Help paying rent or mortgage

If you are renting privately and think you may be entitled to help with the cost of your rent, you can apply for Local Housing Allowance (LHA).

If you suspect somebody is committing benefit fraud against Knowsley Metropolitan Borough Council, you can ring our fraud hotline on 0800 0730 532. Report a benefit fraud

From Monday, 21 July 2014 Knowsley residents may be eligible to claim the Government’s new benefit Universal Credit.

The Benefits Service has an online claim form that uses an electronic signature.