Rősler UK is part of a truly worldwide company with branches throughout Europe and the rest of the world, established as the world technology and market leader in Vibratory Mass finishing and Shot blasting. With our in-house test and demonstration centre we can offer professional trials and advice under real production conditions close to our customers to provide surface finishing solutions, measurement and analysis.
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Set-up of machines for sample trials and sub-contract work
- Photographing and collating samples and adding to our extensive database
- Taking and recording of surface finish measurements as required
- Producing engineering drawings for fixtures
- Ensuring that equipment and the work area are clean and tidy at all times
- Helping and learning from experienced operators
Key skills to be successful in your application are:
- An interest in engineered components and materials technology
- Computer knowledge essential, MS Word and Excel.AutoCAD an advantage
- A good grasp of literacy and numeracy
- A polite telephone manner, may be required to talk to customers and take messages
- Some work will be heavy lifting and manual labour
- Must not be afraid of hard work
Contracted hours: 30 - 40 TBC
Hourly rate of pay: NMW dependent on age
How to apply:
1. Download and complete the application form (Word)
2. Return it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 16 June 2017
Top tips for filling in the application form:
- Research the employer offering the job. Find out what they do and what the job involves.
- Show the employer you understand their business by referring to them in your application, for example: "I am interested in developing skills in building maintenance and noticed you were successful in winning a large contract to maintain houses for a large housing association"
- Always read the job description for the job you are applying for before you start to complete the application form to make sure the information you include is relevant to the job
- Before you start filling in your form always check the instructions for filling in the application form
- Make sure you take your time. Don’t rush as you may make mistakes!
- Prepare a draft of the application form before transferring the information to the actual form. If you’re filling it in by hand, make sure you don’ t make mistakes on the original form for the employer.
- Make sure any writing is neat and easy to read, and check your spelling
- Answer all questions and fill in all the boxes/ spaces
- If there are gaps in your employment history say what you were doing during that time. If you've have never had a job, you could include examples such as voluntary work, or involvement with outside clubs or organisations.
- Make sure you sell your skills; this could also include things you have developed outside work such as interests and hobbies. This is an opportunity for you to promote yourself to the employer and is your opportunity to explain to the employer why they should employ you!
- Before you send off your application form, take a copy of your form, so you have this to look over if you get an interview
- Ask a friend or relative to check your application form before you send it