Pegasus Hydraulics Ltd supply stainless steel hydraulic products to customers in the UK and Republic of Ireland. As a growing company in a competitive environment, we requre an Apprentice Customer Service and Administration Assistant to work within our small team at our new premises to assist our sales team.
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Working in a support role in a busy sales office as part of a small team
- Answering incoming phone calls, taking messages and transferring calls
- Making outgoing calls to follow up quotations and get customer feedback
- Conducting accurate office administration (filing, document retrieval)
- Working with the customer database to keep information up-to-date
- To help the sales team to process sales orders and purchase orders
- To administer the company's social media presence
- To grow and develop within your role and further within the company
Key skills to be succesful in your application are:
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good computer literacy including Excel and Word
- Initative and ability to work indpendently
- Flexibility to undertake varying duties
- English and Mathematics GCSE grade C or above is essential
- Punctuality and reliability
Contracted hours: 30 hours per week with 29 days holiday including bank holidays.
10.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday with 1/2 hour break.
Hourly rate of pay: National Minimum Wage (age related)
How to apply:
1. Download and complete the application form (Word)
2.Return it via email to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 17 May 2017
Top tips for filling in the application form:
- Research the employer offering the job. Find out what they do and what the job involves.
- Show the employer you understand their business by referring to them in your application, for example: "I am interested in developing skills in building maintenance and noticed you were successful in winning a large contract to maintain houses for a large housing association"
- Always read the job description for the job you are applying for before you start to complete the application form to make sure the information you include is relevant to the job
- Before you start filling in your form always check the instructions for filling in the application form
- Make sure you take your time. Don’t rush as you may make mistakes!
- Prepare a draft of the application form before transferring the information to the actual form. If you’re filling it in by hand, make sure you don’ t make mistakes on the original form for the employer.
- Make sure any writing is neat and easy to read, and check your spelling
- Answer all questions and fill in all the boxes/ spaces
- If there are gaps in your employment history say what you were doing during that time. If you've have never had a job, you could include examples such as voluntary work, or involvement with outside clubs or organisations.
- Make sure you sell your skills; this could also include things you have developed outside work such as interests and hobbies. This is an opportunity for you to promote yourself to the employer and is your opportunity to explain to the employer why they should employ you!
- Before you send off your application form, take a copy of your form, so you have this to look over if you get an interview
- Ask a friend or relative to check your application form before you send it