Normech LTD is a locally based plumbing and heating company working for several clients with a portfolio of over ten thousand properties. We work in both the Social Housing and Private Housing sector. As our Office Administrator you will become a valued and crucial part of our team. You will gain valuable experience in general administration and customer service along with training in bespoke in-house computer systems allowing you a real insight into the systems and processes we use as well as developing essential office skills.
As well as helping you develop a wide range of business and administration skills, it gives you the chance to study towards a recognised business qualification. All of which will set you up for a promising future, whatever path you choose to follow.
Key responsibilities for the role:
- As our Office Administrator you will be involved in both the planned Gas Servicing contract and also the reactive basis repairs contract
- You will liaise directly with both the tenants, customers and clients on a daily basis and take inbound calls and answer queries regarding issues raised
- You will help to organise the diary system for the engineers booking in both Gas Servicing and Repairs Appointments.
- You will manage and organise the clients’ appointment book ensuring that all jobs are uploaded correctly and issued to the correct engineer
- You will ensure that all outgoing mail is addressed and sent out via the post in time with our clients target time
- You will be taught how to use a bespoke computer system to enable you to manage the workload to meet any targets and deadlines
Key skills to be successful in your application are:
- To make the most of this unique opportunity, you’ll need a keen interest in how our organisation operates.
- You will have an eagerness to learn and develop new skills and to progress through our organisation.
- Confident, adaptable and ready to rise to each new challenge with an eagerness to learn, you’ll be comfortable building relationships with colleagues and service users alike.
- As a self-motivated individual, we will also expect you to work well by yourself, as well in a team environment.You should be adaptable as we work in an ever changing environment.
- In terms of qualifications, we’ll expect you to have grade C GCSEs (or equivalent) including Maths, English and IT, and from a practical standpoint, you should have good computer, numeracy and literacy skills. Every bit as important, however, will be the personal qualities you bring.
Contracted hours: TBC
Hourly rate of pay: NMW
How to apply:
1. Download and complete the application form (Word)
2. Return it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 16 June 2017
Top tips for filling in the application form:
- Research the employer offering the job. Find out what they do and what the job involves.
- Show the employer you understand their business by referring to them in your application, for example: "I am interested in developing skills in building maintenance and noticed you were successful in winning a large contract to maintain houses for a large housing association"
- Always read the job description for the job you are applying for before you start to complete the application form to make sure the information you include is relevant to the job
- Before you start filling in your form always check the instructions for filling in the application form
- Make sure you take your time. Don’t rush as you may make mistakes!
- Prepare a draft of the application form before transferring the information to the actual form. If you’re filling it in by hand, make sure you don’ t make mistakes on the original form for the employer.
- Make sure any writing is neat and easy to read, and check your spelling
- Answer all questions and fill in all the boxes/ spaces
- If there are gaps in your employment history say what you were doing during that time. If you've have never had a job, you could include examples such as voluntary work, or involvement with outside clubs or organisations.
- Make sure you sell your skills; this could also include things you have developed outside work such as interests and hobbies. This is an opportunity for you to promote yourself to the employer and is your opportunity to explain to the employer why they should employ you!
- Before you send off your application form, take a copy of your form, so you have this to look over if you get an interview
- Ask a friend or relative to check your application form before you send it