A passion for buildings runs right through all that we do at ACR. We are an award winning experienced team of committed individuals who believe in design without compromising form and function, delivering projects with enthusiasm and imagination. Our vision is to design, construct and care for buildings that people can enjoy and work effectively in. Our mission for any client is to meet the demands of virtually any brief. Our commitment means we not only keep up with contemporary building wisdom but are also leaders in its practice. Please see our website for more information on what we do: http://acr.org.uk
Key Responsibilities for the Role:
- Assist with answering and transferring incoming telephone calls and maintain a rapid response rate to agreed standards.
- Help maintain a computerised customer and contractor database
- Logging, responding to and following up calls as part of an FM helpdesk
- Enter data and provide support to the PPM function within the FM team
- Assist with the recording and processing of contractor invoices
- Perform reception duties in an efficient, professional, and courteous manner.
- Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge and skills
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to quality, health, safety, and environmental management
- Minute taking during recorded internal meetings.
Key skills to be successful in your application are:
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Excellent telephone manner
- Strong organisational skills
- Relationship building skills
- The ability to work to deadlines
- Well developed interpersonal skills
- Service orientated and customer focused
- Flexible and self motivated
- Tactful, diplomatic and of smart appearance at all times
- Good under pressure
- Good IT skills, in particular in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Maintain and update Facilities contact list and calendar
- Proactive approach to all tasks
- Ability to liaise with Clients and contractors
- Operation of a variety of standard office machines including personal computer, phone, fax, scanner, shredding machine, and photocopier
Location: Stanley Grange, Knowsley, L34 4AR
Hourly rate of pay: TBC but will be at least NMW
Contracted hours: 36.25 hours
Hours of Work: 8.30am to 4.45pm Monday to Thursday (Lunch 45 minutes 12:15 to 13:00) 8.30am to 3.30pm Friday (Lunch 45 minutes 12:15 to 13:00)
NOTE: The job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the Practice.
How to apply
1. Download and complete the application form (Word)
2. Return it via email to email@example.com
Closing Date for applications: Monday 3 April 2017
Tips for filling in the application form
- Research the employer offering the job. Find out what they do and what the job involves.
- Show the employer you understand their business by referring to them in your application, for example: "I am interested in developing skills in building maintenance and noticed you were successful in winning a large contract to maintain houses for a large housing association"
- Always read the job description for the job you are applying for before you start to complete the application form to make sure the information you include is relevant to the job
- Before you start filling in your form always check the instructions for filling in the application form
- Make sure you take your time. Don’t rush as you may make mistakes!
- Prepare a draft of the application form before transferring the information to the actual form. If you’re filling it in by hand, make sure you don’ t make mistakes on the original form for the employer.
- Make sure any writing is neat and easy to read, and check your spelling
- Answer all questions and fill in all the boxes/ spaces
- If there are gaps in your employment history say what you were doing during that time. If you've have never had a job, you could include examples such as voluntary work, or involvement with outside clubs or organisations.
- Make sure you sell your skills; this could also include things you have developed outside work such as interests and hobbies. This is an opportunity for you to promote yourself to the employer and is your opportunity to explain to the employer why they should employ you!
- Before you send off your application form, take a copy of your form, so you have this to look over if you get an interview
- Ask a friend or relative to check your application form before you send it