Knowsley Fleet and Logistics Management Services (FLMS) provides, manages and maintains over 200 vehicles and 300 plant items, as well as maintaining the fleet for Scottish Southern Energy (SSE). The service also manages the Hackney Carriage and Taxi testing facility that inspects and licences over 1500 vehicles on behalf of the council. FLMS operate a class IV, V and VII VOSA approved MOT station that inspects and certifies all council owned vehicles up to 3500kg. This facility is open to the public and provides a completely independent inspection service for private cars, vans and minibuses.
What we offer
- Design specification of new vehicles and plant requirements
- Tendering, procurement and commissioning of all new fleet items
- Fleet management services to ensure full legal compliance and operation
- All fleet maintenance requirements
- Accident investigation and insurance management
- Taxi testing and MOT services
- External hire of additional fleet requirements
- Full depot management and maintenance
- Depot and workshop stores operations
- Workshop open weekdays between 6.15am and 8pm.
What our customers say
“I am writing to say how delighted we have been with the support provided to Scottish Southern Energy (SSE) by the Fleet and Logistics Management team. They have worked in partnership with SSE to help develop the office and depot facilities needed to establish our PFI contract with the council. In addition they have provided a first class fleet maintenance service for all our vehicles based at the main Stretton Way depot. This service has worked so well that we have now arranged for all SSE vehicles based in St Helens to be maintained by FLMS here in Huyton rather than private sector garages as was the previous arrangement.”
Bill Moreland, Scottish Southern Energy (SSE), Performance Manager
Get a quote or find out more
Contact Damian Walshe on 0151 443 2429 or request more information.
← View all services