We give families the opportunity to learn new skills together, discover hidden talents and have some fun at the same time. Working with schools we help parents and carers to better understand how children learn and are taught in school so they can support their children’s learning and encourage positive behavouir in home and at school. We also provide opportunities for parents and carers to develop new skills and return to education.
What we offer
- Courses that support children’s attainment and parents’ skills e.g. Family Literacy and Family Numeracy, ‘Ready for School’, ‘Share.’
- ‘Healthy Families’ courses including Family Cookery, Healthy Share and. ‘Speakeasy’ (helping parents/carers to talk positively to their children about sex and relationships)
- ‘Extending Horizons’ , providing families with opportunities to take part in creative, cultural and outdoor activities together (including visual arts, music, cultural visits and gardening activities).
- A variety of workshops, including early literacy, internet safety and KS2/3 transition
- The Solihull parenting course and ‘Solihull’ training for practitioners
- Development of training and support for volunteers, including ‘Parent Pals’ groups, and piloting new volunteer roles to support literacy and the Foundation Stage in schools
- A range of ‘bespoke’ support, developed by the service to meet the individual needs of specific schools or groups of families.
List the main features of your Service Level Agreement in ten bullet points or less. Each bullet point should be one sentence in length. If you provide multiple SLAs, or different tiers of service, list these as additional packages.
Option one: level one support
Parent Support Worker capacity equivalent to 20 x half days per school.
(Example: 2 x 6 week courses, plus 2 x workshops, plus 2 x days of bespoke support, plus additional support as identified above)
Option two: level two support
Parent Support Worker capacity equivalent to 30 x halfdays per school.
(Example : 3 x 6 week courses, plus 3 x workshops, plus 3 xhalf days of bespoke support, plus additional support as identified above)
Option three: level three support
Parent Support Worker capacity equivalent to 40 xhalf days per school.
(Example service: 4 x 6 week courses, plus 4 x workshops, plus 5 x half days of bespoke support, plus additional support as identified above )
What our customers say
“I have worked with Family Learning and Parenting for a number of years and find their help and support to schools to be invaluable. They are often able to tailor the support to the individual needs of the school or the local area.”
Get a quote or find out more
Please contact 0151 442 4502 or email@example.com or request more information
← View all services