We provide a wide range of additional school activities such as sports coaching, ‘gifted and talented’ sessions, holiday clubs, breakfast clubs and the highly successful Children’s University. These services help schools raise students’ attainment, motivation, confidence and self esteem as well as improving attendance and behaviour. Our staff can deliver these activities or support your staff to deliver them.
What we offer
- The Extended Schools Core Offer which includes sports coaching, ‘gifted and talented’ activities, holiday clubs, summer holiday clubs for special educational needs pupils and ‘cyber coaching’
- National Children’s University after school activities designed to improve attendance and performance and introduce children to new activities
- We can help schools to identify potential external funding sources for extended schools activity and support the completion of funding applications
Option one – Extended Schools Core Offer
- Sports coaching – twelve hours of sports activities to take place before, during or after school
- ‘Gifted and talented’ activities –a range of programmes including bespoke art, literarcy, sports workshops, storytelling sessions and super Saturdays
- Holiday clubs- ‘HEALTH’ holiday camps offer children access to a range of enrichment activities, including performing arts, visual arts and sport during half terms and school holidays
- Summer holiday provision for SEN pupils - ‘HEALTH’ holiday camps, delivered over one week in the summer holidays, with sports, technology and cookery activities specifically adapted to be accessible for SEN pupils.
- Cyber coaching – providing access to ‘Cyber Coach’ resources to enable schools to run cyber-coaching sessions.
Option 2 – Children’s University
Our staff will provide the following support:
- Sports coaching – twelve hours of direct delivery of sports activities to take place before, during or after school.
- Launching/ promoting Children’s University - including presentations to key staff, a school CU ‘welcome pack’ and banner, promotional letters to parents and children and input to school assemblies.
- Validation and quality assurance of activities – enabling activities delivered by school staff or other providers to become formally validated CU modules, which can contribute to CU awards for participating children. The team will also identify and develop new CU ‘learning destinations both inside and outside the borough. (This service will be provided by the QISS trained coordinator from the ES team).
- Graduation event –we plan and deliver an annual Children’s University Graduation Event. This includes:
- Booking of venue for even
- Provision of graduation ‘caps and gowns
- Provision of certificates for each chil
- Photographs of individual children and school group
- Provision of programmes and other promotional materia
- Arranging speakers and presentations for the event
- We also carry out administration of school data from CU activities to enable participating children to gain CU accreditation. (e.g. validated modules run, young people’s hours logged).
Option 3 - Extended Schools Core Offer & Children’s University
Schools will receive all elements of both the Extended Schools Core Offer and Children’s University as set out above.
Additional ad hoc services can be purchased by schools:
- Staff trainng and/or support around all aspects of extended schools services
- Consultation with families and young people on extended services with full feedback report
- Support to coordinate and/ or deliver themed days/ weeks around every child matters outcomes / extended schools core offer
- Assistance in Ofsted preparations around extended schools
What our customers say
"Children's University has had a significant impact on the children at our school. The opportunities that this programme has given to our pupils inspire children to achieve and develop their life long love of learning."
Knowsley Head Teacher
“This [Children’s University] encourages children that they can achieve a better future for themselves through education.”
Get a quote or find out more
Request more information
← View all services