Civil wedding premises licence

Who To Contact

Licensing Section
2nd Floor, Yorkon Building
Archway Road
L36 9FB

Telephone: 0151 443 2300


If you want your premises licensed to hold civil weddings you must contact Knowsley’s Licensing Section for an application form.

Enclose a cheque for £1,077 to Knowsley Metropolitan Borough Council. This covers the cost of approval for three years.
Please note that if your application is unsuccessful, the fee will not be refunded.
Once we have received your application, we will contact you to arrange an inspection of your premises.

Public notice

It is your responsibility to place a public notice in a weekly newspaper, to give the public a chance to make any objections.  A period of 21 days must be allowed for any objections to be made.
You must send a copy of the notice, the name of the newspaper and date of publication to the council’s Licensing Section.

Planning permission

If you think you need planning permission or are uncertain, please contact the Planning Department on 0151 443 2380 or email before completing the application form.